Really Quick Banana Bread
Used with permission from Whitecap Books
Alterations should be made to fit with your dietary needs. Please
consult with your medical team before you attempt to make this recipe.
Really Quick Banana Bread. Makes 1 loaf
1 1/4 cups (310 mL) unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
Pinch of sea salt
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup (125 mL) grapeseed oil
2/3 cup (160 mL) sugar
3 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- Butter and flour a 9 × 5 × 3 inch (2 L) loaf pan. Tap out all the excess flour from the pan and set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl; add the oil, sugar, mashed bananas, and vanilla. Beat well to combine.
- Fold the banana mixture into the sifted flour mixture, ensuring that the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 45 to 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, and then turn out onto a rack.
I thank Helen Redpath, Gourmet Warehouse’s food manager, for passing this recipe on to me. I have lightened the quantity of sugar to compensate for using really brown bananas. The darker the skin on the banana the sweeter the fruit is. This is a great way to use very ripe bananas.
To download all of the recipes to your iPod, please visit the Recipe iPod page.